Vice President Grocery Retailer Sales
The VP position is a senior leadership position with full P&L responsibility, selling into grocery retailers. You will have demonstrated experience in leadership, strategic planning, marketing, sales, salesforce leadership and management, public speaking and deep grocery retailing industry relations. The EVP is expected to lead their team to deliver on revenue, income objectives, develop key relationships, establish influential relationships with Grocery Retailers, Industry Associations, Partners, and Shareholders. They will effectively develop strategic plans and goals into business plans, and create a successful, collaborative team of people to achieve these goals.
Grocery Retailer Benefits
The benefits to Grocery Retailers include: Amplified purchase size; Improved Internet purchases; Increased consumer retention; Incremental bottom-line revenues; Convert consumers to equally graded, more profitable “own” brands; Daily top-of-mind brand awareness for your Store brand; Medical authenticity and association; Healthier, happier consumers; Alignment and participation in improving health; Upsell & cross-sell condition specific products to improve health; and Use Rx information to recommend products for Rx depletions and adjuvants and prevent contraindications.
As a unique patented technology, GoNo is positioned to become the predominate solution for the Grocery Industry with the single highest usage, either as a standalone App, incorporated in complimentary Apps and/or within Grocery Store and Internet product or shopping solutions.
- Tenured, experienced, well-know, respected, and confident
- Direct deep connections with C-Suite, Board, Executive of Grocery Retailers
- Dynamic with strong interpersonal skills
- Germane experience selling solutions or products
- Self-reliant without support dependency
- Identification, hiring and firing of personnel
- Team builder, leader, and manager
- Operates equally well independently or on a team
- Will attract Angel/VC/PE funding
- Strong media presence and ability to attract coverage
- Exceptional network to augment non-proficient and non-core capabilities
- Driven by earning equity grants
- Expects to be paid for performance and outcomes
- May be located anywhere in the continental US conducive for air travel, with preference in proximity to major markets with diverse grocery retail storefronts.
- Significant experience at VP level or higher
- Must have: 8-10 years of direct US sales experience to large Grocery Retailers with a solid understanding of the US Retail landscape.
- Must have senior level experience in a high growth, fast-paced consumer product company,
- Experience with P&L accountability and a demonstrated history of success in achieving sales targets and KPIs
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with and influence management and cross-functional teams
- Strong computer skills, in Microsoft Office, CRM and other relevant software tools
- Ability to travel on a flexible schedule on a regular basis for Grocery and Retail Conferences and key customer sales visits in the beginning, with diminishing travel needs as additional sales team members are enrolled
- Build a 3-year growth strategy and plan resulting in GoNo becoming the predominate solution for the Grocery Industry with the single highest usage, either as a standalone App, incorporated in complimentary Apps and/or within Grocery Store and Internet product or shopping solutions.
- Accelerate commercial market penetration and revenue growth Effectively build and manage our sales and strategic team, expand our customer base and execute plans to achieve sales targets
- Build a best-in-class sales team, led by example, who are highly rewarded for performance and outcomes.
- Implement and maintain our Sales Operating System including regular Sales meeting cadence and reporting
- Analyze pipeline and lead data, deliver periodic reporting providing key business insights for Pipeline Forecast and Trends, Targeted Accounts, Market Segmentation, Wins/Losses
- Base compensation commensurate with experience
- Performance drives high compensation
- No ceiling
- Equity participation at discount from offering price
Contact careers (at) gono (dot) app for further information
About GoNo Food Finder
GoNo® is a heathy Foodtech Healthtech AI company with a patented recommendation engine and a Mobile App that determines which foods are good or bad for an individual’s medical conditions and wellness goals. It uses unbiased, third-party, peer-reviewed medical studies to grade food through foods, beverages, and supplements in grocery stores and, eventually, recipes and restaurant menu items.
Consumers are demanding healthy food solutions. 52% read labels to determine what is good or bad for them and still have no clue. 60% have chronic disease, 80% of which is caused by foods, creating $3.1 trillion in annual sickcare costs. Our API provides instant “Go” or “No” results with detailed gradings linked to relevant clinical studies and is fully customizable with filters for various diets, restrictions, regional cuisine, food type, ingredient, allergies, sports, and other preferences. It provides alternatives for healthier foods tailored to each person, establishes benchmarks, tracks changes, product frequency, and health outcomes for consumers, physicians, insurance companies and grocery stores.
GoNo is an innovative, rewarding, inclusive, and agile company. Our goal is to empower everyone to make informed decisions about what is best for their individual needs in food, beverages, supplements, recipes, and menu items. To significantly improve human health through food for prevention; to inspire learning knowledge about food in advancing one’s own health; and to o create economic benefits for consumers, employers, payers, providers, physicians, and health systems for the betterment of all.
Consumer demand for healthier products will result in better farming practices and economic benefit. Improving health of everyone is a cornerstone objective of Food as Medicine, the outcomes of which include greater happiness, better nutrition, decreased hunger, increased satiety, improved productivity, extended longevity, reduced waste, decreased sick leave, healthier children, greater cognition, and the overall advancement of humanity.
Our work environment includes:
- Work remotely or in health club locations
- Equity options & ownership
- Flexible working hours
- Wellness programs
- Wholesale foods, beverages, and supplements
- Significant growth opportunities